- Be prepared to answer theses questions orally.
- Do you play any winter sports?
- Are you a member of any sports team? If not, have you ever been?
- Are you good at sports?
- What sports are you good at?
- Do you often play sports?
- Do you like to snowboard?
- Do you think athletes earn enough money, not enough money or too much money?
- Do you think everybody should practice winter sports?
- Do you think that parents are too involved in their children’s sports activities?
- Have you ever been skiing? If so what kind of skiing?
- What do you think is the most popular winter sport in the world?
- What is the most dangerous sport?
- Which winter sport would you not let your child play? Why?
- Make a list of the vocabulary words regarding winter sports.
- Answer these questions in your notebook.
|(1)||What images spring to mind when you hear the word ‘sport’?|
|(2)||Why do so many people like sport?|
|(3)||Why are some people not interested in sport?|
|(4)||How often do you read sports news?|
|(5)||Do you prefer playing or watching sports?|
|(6)||Do you have good or bad experiences with sports at school?|
|(7)||Do you think sports stars have the best life?|
|(8)||Who is your favourite all-time sport star?|
|(9)||Richard M. Nixon said: « I don’t know anything that builds the will to win better than competitive sports. » Do you agree?|
|(10)||George Orwell said: « Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting. » Do you agree?|
5. Winter sports vocabulary activity
6. Winter Olympics
7. Write on (What is your favorite Winter sport and why ?)