Ads are everywhere! You see them on TV, on food packaging, on the Internet, in magazines and even in public bathrooms. Advertisers use different techniques to get us to buy their product.
P. 60 Interactive (English as a Second language)
Tricks of the trade
1. The ideal family uses the image of a family to sell a product.
2. The instant excitement technique is often used to sell food or beverages.
3. The just for cool people technique sends the message that using a particular brand will turn us into cool kids.
4. The star power approach uses celebrities to sell goods of all kinds.
5. The catchy word technique, using words like NEW, SPECIAL, WONDERFUL, NATURAL etc…
I’m always amazed of what my students can do when you give them access to technology.
1. Make an ad that promotes a product, using an advertising technique
2. Write a post and publish it in your blog.
Do these ads influence you into buying the product they promote?
Here some more…..