In honor of Rebecca Scholfield’s passing, the 7th grade students decided to do random acts of kindness.
For those who do not know Becca’s story, she was a young girl from Riverview NB, who over a year ago, received the tragic news that she had 3-12 months to live because of a non treatable brain tumor. Becca being the amazing person she was, asked her family and friends to help with her bucket list. She asked everyone to spread kindness in her name with the help of her hashtag #BECCATOLDMETO. This motion helped her appreciate and enjoy the time she had left, instead seeing all of the negativity that surrounds us daily. Becca has influenced people all around the world and will always be remembered for her amazing wave of kindness.
Here is a video of Becca :
Remember to always be kind and a simple smile can change someone’s day. A random act of kindness dosn’t have to cost money, it just takes a little creativity and time.
Rest in Peace Becca !
I would like to thank my students for their participation in this activity. These simple acts of kindness are what makes the world a better place. THANK YOU !!!!!!
1.I shovelled someone’s driveway (Maxim Nadeau)
2.I helped my mother cook diner and I helped her clean the house.(Coralie Thibdeau)
3.I helped my Dad at work with picking up heavy stuff.(James Bosse)
4.The cafeteriacook needed me to pass the food because one of the worker’s was not at school.
5.I helped a neighbor with groceries (Mikella)
6.I made supper for my sisters (Meagan)
7.I helped my mother with the dishes (Abigail)
9.I helped my parents do the dishes (Audrey Pelletier)
10.I helped my parents do the dishes (Samuel Banville)
11.I paid credit for another student to eat. (Maxim Ouellette)
12. I helped someone with Educode.
13. I made dinner for my family (Audrey Albert)
14. I helped my mom with the dishes
15. I helped for Becca (Marc-André Perron)
16. I showed Simon how to play Ping-Pong (Mélodie Morneault)
17. I helped my grandmother at the store (Diana)
18. I helped my mom with the supper (Kloé Daigle)
19. I helped my father on my grandfather’s farm for the hay rolls.(Bryan)
20. I helped my parents clean up my house (Mikael Corriveau Duval)
21. I helped my mom with the groceries. (William)
22. I helped my mom to clean the house. (Cristian Rioux)
23. I donated shampoo, food, medication, etc. to Cubans on my vacation. (Madame Chantal)
Let’s keep spreading kindness in the world!!!